Stephen Bruce, owner of Serendipity 3 (aka “Restaurant I Won’t Be Taking My Friends to For Their Birthday) designed a $25,000 dessert (Frozen Haute). It is made out of the world’s most exotic and expensive cocoas, edible 23-karat gold flakes, and topped with whipped cream covered with more gold and a side of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier (wtf is that? all I know is that it sells for $2,600 a pounds). Bruce “added the bling” too by including an 18-karat gold bracelet with 1 carat of white diamonds at the base of the gold encrusted goblet. As an aside, the dessert is eaten with a gold spoon decorated with white and chocolate-colored diamonds, which can also be taken home.
Who in their right mind would spend that amount of money for a dessert, let alone a dessert that according to the woman in the video, tastes “exactly like a frozen hot chocolate?” Does frozen hot chocolate even exist? Which is it lady, frozen or hot? Needless to say, for $25,000, I would half expect a magical leprechaun to jump out and lead me to my brand new Ferrari waiting outside in the parking lot. I hope it’s low carb, I’m on a diet… NOT!
Never underestimate the power of trance. If you would have asked me whether or not trance music would ever be played at my work, I would have laughed. The first time I played it, I thought “am I in a gym or shopping at Old Navy?” Needless to say, I think I may have the numbers falling in my favor as of late. I train at night with a crew of local college athletes, weekend warriors, and powerlifters, and they’re digging the new Louie DeVito album...Ever have stuff on your mind and you just need to lift heavy things off the floor? Fritzie + things on her mind + trance music playing in the background + weight room = CLEARANDRELAXEDHEAD
Speaking of music… my MP3 player is not public property… please do not put MY earphones in your dirty, sweaty ears while working out … im not against you borrowing the device, just use your own headphones… Im tired of answering this question “What type of music do you like?” … “Whats in your ipod?” …the answer is “it depends!” (sounds familiar?... that’s my answer to any question until you actually specify and give me some more details… i.e. actually starting a conversation with me)…My mood changes and the type of music that I listen to changes… if im working out I listen to hard core rock, if im stretching soft rock will do… if im in a weird mood, indie music will suffice my ear buds… if im mad at something, a strong feminine voice usually puts things in perspective (thanks Tracy) … Nonetheless, heres 15 artist/band/duo that you can almost 100% bet will be in any of my music device… and by the way my favorite station is 104.9 so im in your car please tune it to that station and I will be forever be nice to you. FLOBOTS, FIONA, LIMP, BUCK, HINDER, ANI, TYPE O, S & J, EVERYBODY, 36MAFIA, DAUGHTRY, MR. JAMES, LINKIN, GOLD, JUSTIN
Dont judge me because I listen to trance while I train; or John Mayer (I find that it helps me direct my “rage” to accomplish any task at hand... see Jot Sheet 3: Bleeding Ears). We all have our quirks that make us fun and unique individuals. I mean, I didn’t pass judgment on you when you asked me to set the DVR to record Army Wives last week did I?
How pumped am I to see The Dark Knight this weekend? Answer: wicked pumped.
How pumped am I to eat at a Brazilian Steakhouse tommorow? Answer: wicked pumped.
How pumped should you be that your getting a list of “things to do”? Answer: wicked pumped.
3 Things To Do
1. In the next 24 hours, you need to write (either a note, snail-mail letter or email) someone to just tell them how much they mean to you (teacher, parents, mailman, your ex, boss, coworker, neighbor). Write a genuine letter just telling them how wonderful they are and how much they mean to you. Don't do it to get a reaction from them. Don't do it with any ulterior motive. Just a nice note to someone.
2. This week, I’ve failed to make an individual believe in the Fusion Training System. Every day we face the challenge of persuading others to do what we want. But what makes people say yes to our requests? I went to Borders to clear my mind and found a great book on the subject of persuasion. Did you know that something as basic as a hand written Post-It note can persuade someone? The authors even have a chapter titled, “How Can You Become a Jedi Master of Persuasion?” …coolbeans!... Go to your local bookstores and read/buy Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive… while youre at the bookstore… read/buy “The Missing Secret: How to Use the Law of Attraction to Easily Attract What You Want … Every Time”…. The phenomenal popularity of another book “The Secret” has put widespread attention on the age-old universal force known as the Law of Attraction. Millions of people around the world have been ignited by the possibility that they hold the power to create the life they want. However, it's one thing to know what the Law of Attraction is, but if you want to put the power of this incredible natural force to work for you in a positive and consistent way, you must understand something else ...thats where “The Missing Secret” comes in…the book reveals the easily remedied reasons why the Law of Attraction doesn’t always work the way it is “supposed to”… why bad things happen to good people … and why you sometimes seem to attract the exact opposite of what you consciously want… On a side note I’m currently making an effort to read more business related books. You should too.
3. Eat nuts. People who eat nuts on a daily basis, tend to have a better body composition than those who don’t. Trust me!
I passed by a garage sale and saw an old lamp… I rubbed gently with a evil smile on my face but to no avail, a genie didn’t come out. This would have been my 3 wishes: 1. World Peace 2. World Peace 3. Unlimited supply of In and Out Cheeseburgers… all right, im kidding… but I really wish these three things will happen:
1. I wish people would place more emphasis on change of direction when they do their conditioning work. Sure, running in a straight line is conditioning specific, but it’s not “muscularly” specific. A big reason why we see so many hamstring/groin injuries is because we don’t place enough emphasis on change of direction. Additionally, changing direction will automatically place more of a metabolic demand on the body… aka as “your burning more calories”
2. I wish people stop complaining that it’s their genetics holding them back. A perfect example would be the person who says, “my family has a history of heart disease, so I guess that will be fate too,” or “oh, my body is just predisposed to being fat.” Of course, said person is chomping down on a large bagel with cream cheese as they say this. Adopting a healthy lifestyle habits can affect a person at the genetic level. Namely, if you take strides to eat healthier, manage stress, exercise, and love more–your brain gets more blood flow and oxygen, and brain cells actually increase (that is not a typo… I meant to write “love more”… think about it!). Do simple things like, drinking green tea, eating blueberries, going for walks, and looking at ___insert celebrity name with as killer body here___.
3. I really wish people would stop using the term “fat burning zone.” There’s no such thing. The funny thing is, the best “fat burning zone” is the one you’re in right now reading this. You’re burning a greater percentage of fat right now, but the total calories being burned is so low, that it doesn’t even matter. Confuse? I may just write about this in detail later on.
All the best,
No transitional material this week; I'm a little scatterbrained.
All the best,
Lots of things go together... peanut butter and jelly... laziness and video games... salt and pepper... Fritzie and "bringing sexy back" ... McDonalds and supersize ... Stilton cheese with vintage Port... icecream and summer... and "hits and misses"
Heres the deal... i have 7 points... after you read it... you will either love me (HIT) or you'll hate me (MISS)...love me or hate me i just want to you to put your health first.
2. When this blows up all over the news, know where you heard it first: Vitamin D supplementation is going to be the next big thing. The typical 400IU dosage doesn’t appear to be enough; there’s a solid benefit for most to up that to 1,000IU/day or slightly more. In some serious clinical deficiencies, they’ll go on some insane dosages. START VENT: people who are lazy…people who say ‘im training my medial deltoid (your dumb, there is no such thing!) people who drink “haterade”… people who are late… people who are on myspace longer than the actual time they spend talking to their parents/friends… people who say “how are you doing?” but doesn’t stick around to hear the response… people who don’t know what personal accountability mean… people who say “nationality” when they mean “ethnicity”…people who think “I have everything handed in a silver platter” (you think you know, but you have no idea… this is the diary of Fritzie Villegas) … people who say "It is what it is." What the heck does that mean? … I think it means "I’m too lazy to finish this sentence or come up with another useful thought." END VENT (thank you for free speech, it saves me from banging my head repeatedly in the wall or punching somebody in the nose) RELATED READING: POTHER
3. Lawrence, so called fitness guru and self professed “king of the gym”, attempted to become the first person to make me puke with in an hour long training session… he made me do Strong Man medley, weight circuit training, bodyweight maximum repetitions…Gym Jones “wanna-be” workouts, 300 Protocols…It was to no avail, though; I only dry-heaved. Just like everybody else who tried – he failed! My perfect record is intact. Thanks for playing, insert more quarters to continue. Better luck next time. GAME OVER!.....Heres a tip: Work Hard, Train Hard, Rest Hard.
4. Things that people do/say that annoy the heck out me? (not in any particular order):
START VENT: people who are lazy…people who say ‘im training my medial deltoid (your dumb, there is no such thing!) people who drink “haterade”… people who are late… people who are on myspace longer than the actual time they spend talking to their parents/friends… people who say “how are you doing?” but doesn’t stick around to hear the response… people who don’t know what personal accountability mean… people who say “nationality” when they mean “ethnicity”…people who think “I have everything handed in a silver platter” (you think you know, but you have no idea… this is the diary of Fritzie Villegas) … people who say "It is what it is." What the heck does that mean? … I think it means "I’m too lazy to finish this sentence or come up with another useful thought." END VENT (thank you for free speech, it saves me from banging my head repeatedly in the wall or punching somebody in the nose)
RELATED READING: POTHER
5. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment. How stable is your discipline bridge? Does it stretch all the way to your goal — or will it fall short? The reason most people fail to cross their own discipline bridge is because the bridge is extremely steep. It's an uphill battle all the way — and the closer you get to the goal, the more difficult it is to stay on. To cross and reach your goal, Fusion Training System, will prepare you. Learn more about My Philosophy.
7. There is no #7 but i wanted to be a trendsetter and say 7 points because nobody ever writes "7 points".
Follow No One,